Live roulette is a popular casino game played in live casinos, an online casino that live streams its games and players enjoy playing them from the comfort of their homes. It’s an exciting way to play roulette, where US players compete for real money on a real wheel, with a real ball and croupier. Games are streamed in real-time to a player’s computer or mobile device.
Our handy online roulette guide to live dealer roulette in the US will help any players unfamiliar with live roulette online. They can also find the best live dealer casinos streaming live roulette online in America.
Best American Live Roulette Casinos
|CASINO NAME||USER RATING||WELCOME BONUS||PLAY CASINO|
100% Up To$5000 Deposit Bonus
100% Up To$6000 & 200 free spins
100% Up To$4,000 & 150 free spins
100% Up To$2,000 & 120 free spins
100% Up To$4,000 & 120 free spins
100% Up To100% MatchBonus
100% Up To$777 Deposit Bonus
Why Play Live Roulette Online
Live dealer roulette encompasses the best things about roulette at a casino and online roulette gaming. Get the camaraderie and action of a live game with many players while enjoying the comfort of home. Below we list the advantages of live dealer roulette online.
Advantages of Live Casino Roulette
- Game selection: there is a wide range of roulette games to choose from at the best live casino sites.
- Large range of bets: there are a wide range of betting options available to the low stakes and high roller players.
- Real interaction: even though it’s streamed through a webcam, a live dealer roulette online game is fast and players interact through the chat option.
- Helpful and attentive dealers: the casinos choose croupiers that know all about roulette. Furthermore, they are attentive and you can choose if you want to play with a male or female dealer.
- Mobile option: live roulette casinos were designed with mobile compatibility in mind. Their platforms work on all mobile devices so players can join in wherever they are.
Live Roulette Strategy
Before we get into live roulette bets, let’s take a look at the game’s strategies.
- Keep the house edge low in roulette: by its very nature in the casino, roulette has a higher house edge (players lose more money than they make). To keep it low, avoid the American roulette wheel. Roulette 00 adds a significant extra to the house edge therefore worsening the odds.
- Stick to European Roulette: because it doesn’t have the additional double zero American roulette has, European roulette has better odds and a lower house edge. It’s the best wheel on even-money bets.
- High rollers should play French roulette: for players with much deeper pockets, French roulette is the best live dealer roulette option as it can take higher bets. They should learn about the complete bets or full maximum bets in live dealer French roulette. This type of bet covers every bet on a single number. It’s a convenient way to make separate bets, increasing your wagering capacity by 40x with one bet.
Live Roulette Bets
This is a basic guide on the different types of roulette bets US players will come across when playing live roulette online.
These are bets placed on the individual numbers on the table. They can include single (straight) bets, split bets on two numbers, street bets on three numbers, corner and top line with four numbers, and a six-line bet which covers two streets (rows). Inside bets have a bigger roulette payout – 5:1 up to 35:1. While the odds of winning on inside bets are smaller.
|Single number||35:1||A wager on any single number|
|Split bets||17:1||A bet on two adjacent numbers placed on the line separating them.|
|Street bets||11:1||A bet on three numbers on one single row.|
|Basket bets||11:1||A bet on three numbers involving the zero|
|Corner bet||8:1||A bet on four numbers placed at the corner where they intersect.|
|Six-line bet||5:1||Placed on two adjacent streets, therefore covering six numbers.|
|Top line bet||6:1||(Only in American roulette) A number 5 wager on the 0-00-1-2-3. Never wager on this as the house edge is at 7.9%.|
Outside bets are placed outside of the number boxes on the table. They cover either 12-number (third bets) or 18-number bets (even-money bets). Third bets cover a third of the numbers between 1 and 36, and they have 2:1 odds. Even money bets payout 1:1 bets, giving them their name.
|Column bet||2:1||A 12-number bet placed at the bottom of one of the three columns of numbers.|
|Dozen bet||2:1||A thirds bet on one dozen numbers: 1-12; 13-24; or 25-36.|
|Hi/Lo bet||1:1||An 18-number bet where the wager is on whether the ball lands between 1-18 or 19-36.|
|Odd/Even bet||1:1||An even-money bet on whether the ball lands on an odd or even number.|
|Red/Black bet||1:1||This 18-number bet wagers on whether the ball lands on red or black.|
Live Roulette Variants
As mentioned previously, there are many variations of roulette players can enjoy at online live dealer casinos.
This version of roulette is closely related to the original version of the game. It has two zero pockets, giving it its name roulette 00. It’s found in most US-friendly live dealer online casinos.
The American roulette wheel has 38 pockets numbered one to 36. Also, there is a single zero and a double zero pocket. The additional pocket makes even-money bets less likely to win.
American roulette has a high house edge of 5.26% which means players looking to make money should avoid this version.
The wheel has 37 pockets, numbered one to 36 with a single zero pocket. It’s found in most casinos across Europe, Africa, Australia, Latin America, and Asia. Also, it can be found in top USA online casinos.
The house edge for European roulette is slightly better at 2.70%. Its low house edge has made it very popular at live roulette sites. Furthermore, any bets made have the same odds. However, this version of roulette isn’t available at all American live casinos.
There are the same number of pockets as European roulette but there are more wagering types with French roulette. They are named after their placement on the wheel. French roulette bets involve blocks of numbers as they are arranged on the wheel and not the table. This version of roulette has the same odds as European roulette, an interesting way of placing bets, and is good for high rollers. However, on the other side, these wagering sets can get confusing, those unfamiliar with French may be intimidated by the language, and it’s less easy to find at live dealer casinos.