Live Roulette Games: Play Live Dealer Roulette
Live roulette is a popular casino game played in live casinos. Casinos that live stream their liver dealer roulette games for players enjoy playing them from the comfort of their homes.
As with any live casino game players must be familiar with how the game is played before embarking on live gambling. So naturally, to play live casino roulette you need to be quick and familiar with roulette rules. Our handy online roulette guide to live dealer roulette will help any players unfamiliar with the game.
Once you’ve mastered the rules of the game and learned the different live gaming strategies, you’re ready to play.
Play Live Roulette Online
- 500% Up To$2500 Sign-up BonusT&Cs Apply
- 250% Up To$2500 Sign-up BonusT&Cs Apply
- 300%Match Sign-up BonusT&Cs Apply
- 250% Up To$2500 Sign-up BonusT&Cs Apply
- 300% Up To$6000 & 25 free spins
- 100% Up To$5500 Sign-up BonusT&Cs Apply
- 250% Up To$2500 Sign-up Bonus
- 400% Up To$5000 Sign-up BonusT&Cs Apply
- 300%Match Sign-up Bonus
- 100% Up To$4000+120 free spinsT&Cs Apply
- 300% Up To$3000 Sign-up BonusT&Cs Apply
Live Dealer Roulette at Casinos
It’s an exciting way to play roulette, where players compete for real money in real-time, on a real wheel, with a real ball and croupier. Live cams roulette games are streamed in real-time to whatever devices players use whether it’s a computer or mobile device.
Live dealer roulette encompasses the best things about roulette at a casino and online roulette gaming. Get the camaraderie and action of a live game with many players while enjoying the comfort of home. Below we list the advantages of live chat roulette.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Live Casino Roulette
- Game selection: there is a wide range of games to choose from at the best live roulette casino sites.
- Large range of bets: there are a wide range of betting options available to the low stakes and high roller players.
- Real interaction: even though it’s streamed through a webcam, a live dealer roulette online game is fast and players interact through the chat option.
- Helpful and attentive dealers: the casinos choose croupiers that know all about roulette. Furthermore, they are attentive and you can choose if you want to play with a male or female dealer.
- Mobile option: live roulette casinos were designed with mobile compatibility in mind. Their platforms work on all mobile devices so players can join in wherever they are.
Live roulette casino sites often do not offer live roulette free because of the high cost of running these live games. However, gamblers can still make use of bonuses given specifically for live gambling games.
Best Strategy for Live Roulette
Before we get into live roulette bets, let’s take a look at the game’s strategies.
- Keep the house edge low in roulette: by its very nature in the casino, roulette has a higher house edge (players lose more money than they make). To keep it low, avoid the American roulette wheel. Roulette 00 adds a significant extra to the house edge, therefore, worsening the odds.
- Stick to European Roulette: because it doesn’t have the additional double zero American roulette has, European roulette has better odds and a lower house edge. It’s the best wheel on even-money bets.
- High rollers should play French roulette: for players with much deeper pockets, French roulette is the best live dealer roulette option as it can take higher bets. They should learn about the complete bets or full maximum bets in live dealer French roulette. This type of bet covers every bet on a single number. It’s a convenient way to make separate bets, increasing your wagering capacity by 40x with one bet.
How to Bet When You Play Live Roulette
This is a basic guide on the different types of roulette bets players will come across when playing live roulette online.
These are bets placed on the individual numbers on the table. They can include single (straight) bets, split bets on two numbers, street bets on three numbers, corner and top line with four numbers, and a six-line bet which covers two streets (rows). Inside bets have a bigger roulette payout – 5:1 up to 35:1. While the odds of winning on inside bets are smaller.
|Single number||35:1||A wager on any single number|
|Split bets||17:1||A bet on two adjacent numbers placed on the line separating them.|
|Street bets||11:1||A bet on three numbers on one single row.|
|Basket bets||11:1||A bet on three numbers involving the zero|
|Corner bet||8:1||A bet on four numbers placed at the corner where they intersect.|
|Six-line bet||5:1||Placed on two adjacent streets, therefore covering six numbers.|
|Top line bet||6:1||(Only in American roulette) A number 5 wager on the 0-00-1-2-3. Never wager on this as the house edge is at 7.9%.|
Outside bets are placed outside of the number boxes on the table. They cover either 12-number (third bets) or 18-number bets (even-money bets). Third bets cover a third of the numbers between 1 and 36, and they have 2:1 odds. Even money bets payout 1:1 bets, giving them their name.
|Column bet||2:1||A 12-number bet placed at the bottom of one of the three columns of numbers.|
|Dozen bet||2:1||A thirds bet on one dozen numbers: 1-12; 13-24; or 25-36.|
|Hi/Lo bet||1:1||An 18-number bet where the wager is on whether the ball lands between 1-18 or 19-36.|
|Odd/Even bet||1:1||An even-money bet on whether the ball lands on an odd or even number.|
|Red/Black bet||1:1||This 18-number bet wagers on whether the ball lands on red or black.|
Best Live Roulette Variants
As mentioned previously, there are many variations of roulette players can enjoy at online live dealer casinos.
This version of roulette is closely related to the original version of the game. It has two zero pockets, giving it its name roulette 00. It’s found in most US-friendly live dealer online casinos.
The American roulette wheel has 38 pockets numbered one to 36. Also, there is a single zero and a double zero pocket. The additional pocket makes even-money bets less likely to win.
American roulette has a high house edge of 5.26% which means players looking to make money should avoid this version.
The wheel has 37 pockets, numbered one to 36 with a single zero pocket. It’s found in most casinos across Europe, Africa, Australia, Latin America, and Asia. Also, it can be found in top USA online casinos.
The house edge for European roulette is slightly better at 2.70%. Its low house edge has made it very popular at live roulette sites. Furthermore, any bets made have the same odds. However, this version of roulette isn’t available at all American live casinos.
There are the same number of pockets as European roulette but there are more wagering types with French roulette. They are named after their placement on the wheel. French roulette bets involve blocks of numbers as they are arranged on the wheel and not the table. This version of roulette has the same odds as European roulette, an interesting way of placing bets, and is good for high rollers. However, on the other side, these wagering sets can get confusing, those unfamiliar with French may be intimidated by the language, and it’s less easy to find at live dealer casinos.
More Roulette Games
Find more tips and tricks in our guides for players below: