When playing casino games, the progressive jackpot is a very rewarding grand prize. Yes, fun and entertainment is great part of online gaming. But, winning an even more rewarding progressive jackpot is truly life changing and it keeps on growing.
Progressive jackpots are a major feature at US brick and mortar casinos. Therefore, this has translated into the online version as well, with some casinos offering free spins on their progressive jackpot games. The most popular game to feature the progressive jackpot is the slot game. Millions of dollars can and have been won with progressive jackpot slots online.
In our comprehensive guide on progressive jackpots, we’ll discuss exactly what it is, progressive jackpot games and how they work, the different types of progressive jackpots, and some tips and tricks.
Best US Progressive Jackpot Casinos
Below you’ll find a list of the best online gambling sites with the top progressive online slots games. You’ll find more than progressive jackpot slots at these casinos. Check them out and try your luck at winning the golden goose of casino games.
|CASINO NAME||WELCOME BONUS||PAYOUT||PLAY CASINO|
100% Up To$4500 Bonus
100% Up To$5000 Bonus
100% Up To$6000 & 200 free spins
100% Up To$4,000 & 150 free spins
100% Up To$2,000 & 120 free spins
100% Up To$4,000 & 120 free spins
100% Up To100% MatchBonus
100% Up To$777 Bonus
What you’ll find on this page:
- What is a Progressive Jackpot?
- Progressive Jackpot Games and How They Work for USA Players
- Different Types of Progressive Jackpots
- Progressive Jackpots Tips and Tricks
A progressive jackpot is the grand prize which grows each time the game is played but the jackpot isn’t won. Once won, the jackpot begins again at a determined number and begins to grow again until it is won. It has the potential to grow into the millions of dollars range over time.
Usually found in slot games, they can also be in video poker and bingo games.
As players place wagers on their favourite progressive jackpot game like a slot title, a small portion of each bet is added to the jackpot pool. The more people play the progressive games, the faster the jackpot grows and the larger it becomes. It grows until a very lucky bettor wins it and then it resets to its minimum value.
With the interconnectivity of the internet, progressive jackpots online are likely made up of thousands of online progressive games and multiple casinos all adding to the same pool.
There are three main types of progressive jackpots, which we’ll look at below.
The standalone progressive was the first type to come out. The casino game isn’t linked to other games meaning every player’s wager on that specific machine contributes to the standalone jackpot linked to that game. This type of jackpot grows slowly and isn’t big. Currently, the standalone progressive isn’t one of the commonly available progressive jackpots online. But it is still found in some brick and mortar casinos.
Several machines within the casino are linked together to create a local progressive. Usually, between ten and 100 machines or progressive games are linked but always in the same casino. The jackpot grows faster than the standalone, but the grand prize isn’t that big. Some online casinos use local progressive jackpots but it’s mostly found in brick and mortar casinos.
Wide Area Network Progressive
This type of jackpot links together hundreds and thousands of games from a wide area of casinos across America. Wide area network progressives are found at both online casinos and brick and mortar ones. If you’re looking for some life changing winnings and to bag millions of dollars playing games like slots and bingo, then look out this type of progressive.
Learn more about online slots with our comprehensive guides:
The odds of winning a progressive jackpot are pretty small but you never know, you might just be the luck gambles that wins. To boost your chances, here are some tips and tricks you can use.
- Firstly, American players should look for games with the highest payout percentage (the amount of money paid back to a player). A 98% payout percentage means that for every $1 wagered, you get $0.98. Therefore, the higher the payout percentage, the better your chances of winning.
- Secondly, before you begin playing, make sure you understand the fine print of the online casino you choose. Usually, online gambling sites will have a withdrawal limit which will prevent you from withdrawing large sums of money at once. However, find out if your casino has made any exceptions for progressive jackpot withdrawals. Some casinos allow for that.
- There is a possibility that you will be required to place a maximum bet possible. This is a requirement of some casinos in order for you to qualify to win the full jackpot.
- Pick progressive games that have a higher than usual progressive jackpots online. You want to win as much as possible.
- Finally, budget and stick to your bankroll. Set a limit on how much you’re going to spend chasing the progressive jackpot and stick to it! This also goes for the amount of time you’re going to spend doing it.