Florida is known around the country for its wonderful beaches and party vibe. Little do people know though, that it also has a thriving gambling industry that offers gamblers an experience second to none. All this despite the rather odd regulations surrounding gambling within the state. If you want to learn more about gambling within the state (both online and offline), you have come to the right place. On this page, we feature all players could ever want to know about gambling within the Sunshine State. This includes a list of the best land-based and online casinos as well as a history of gambling within the state.
Best Florida Online Casinos
These are the best online gambling sites available to the good people in the Sunshine State. With these casinos offering players access to hundreds of amazing games, there will never be a dull moment online:
|CASINO NAME||USER RATING||WELCOME BONUS||PLAY CASINO|
100% Up To$5000 Deposit Bonus
100% Up To$6000 & 200 free spins
100% Up To$4,000 & 150 free spins
100% Up To$2,000 & 120 free spins
100% Up To$4,000 & 120 free spins
100% Up To100% MatchBonus
100% Up To$777 Deposit Bonus
Top Land-Based Casinos in Florida
There are loads of wonderful local casinos in Florida. We have listed some of our favorites down below:
- Seminole Casino Coconut Creek – with over 2000 games to play, gamblers can expect to enter a state of bliss when visiting good, old Coconut Creek.
- Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino – try your hand at some of the best high stakes poker games in the world. The adrenaline rush is really like no other!
- Big Easy Casino – just as the name implies, players can expect to have a laid-back time placing a wager at Big Easy Casino. There are over 900 slots and a load of virtual table games on which you can try you luck!
- Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Casino Tampa – Hard Rock is a casino brand famous throughout the world. There are over 4000 games available try and endless opportunities to make everlasting memories.
- Seminole Classic Casino – players are guaranteed a casual gambling experience in which the main focus is entertainment and gaming fun.
Florida Online Gambling Legislation
While there is no federal law against online gambling, many states do not have laws actively endorsing the activity. Florida is one such state. However, following the Supreme Court’s ruling on online sports betting earlier this year, this is due to change some time soon.
Florida Gambling History
The state of Florida has had a rather tumultuous relationship with gambling. Since the early 1930s, state legislators have continually banned and unbanned several forms of gambling. Many historians believe that the state’s apprehensive stance on gambling may be related to the fact that casinos have often been associated and involved with organized crime.
The 1980s did see a rise in land-based casinos within the state. It is important to note that many of these establishments were built on Indian reservations. These are areas which the federal government recognizes as sovereign. It is stated that the Seminole Tribe currently has a monopoly over all land-based gambling activity in the area.
Other than casino gaming, the state government also runs a lottery known simply as the Florida Lottery. Multi-state lottery competitions such as Powerball and Mega Millions is all available to Americans living in the area.
Gambling in Florida continues to grow as various lobby groups seek to modify the state’s outlook on the popular pastime.
Gambling in the Sunshine State – Is It Worth It?
With so many great gambling options available to players in Florida, who needs Vegas or Atlantic City? With great weather and amazing beaches to add to the mix, Florida is one of the hottest spots to gamble in the United States.