Online Blackjack – Best Blackjack Online Odds & Strategy
As the casino card game with the lowest house edge at 1%, blackjack online is a popular choice for players. Since there are so many strategies, rules, and payout odds, we’ve created this guide to help you start.
We’ll also be covering premium casinos, bonuses, and everything you need to start earning those payouts. More so, we’ve listed the top free blackjack games that you can practice on before you play for real money.
Compare Online Blackjack Casinos
- 500% Up To$2500 Sign-up BonusT&Cs Apply
- 250% Up To$2500 Sign-up BonusT&Cs Apply
- 300%Match Sign-up BonusT&Cs Apply
- 250% Up To$2500 Sign-up BonusT&Cs Apply
- 300% Up To$6000 & 25 free spins
- 100% Up To$5500 Sign-up BonusT&Cs Apply
- 250% Up To$2500 Sign-up Bonus
- 400% Up To$5000 Sign-up BonusT&Cs Apply
- 300%Match Sign-up Bonus
- 100% Up To$4000+120 free spinsT&Cs Apply
Blackjack Rules to Win
When playing online blackjack or the live dealer games, it’s vital to learn the basic blackjack rules. These dictate how the game progresses and when you should bet.
Follow these basic premises to start playing Blackjack online or offline:
- Every round starts with players making a bet.
- The dealers must deal two cards to the players and themselves.
- All cards are worth their face value in blackjack. However, face cards are worth ten, while the ace card counts as one or 11.
- You will have to decide whether to hit, stand, double down, split, or surrender.
- In every game, the dealer acts last and has to hit on 16 or stand on 17 to 21 points.
- Players will win with the highest hand closest or equal to 21 or if the dealer’s hand exceeds 21.
Best Blackjack Strategy – How to Win
There are many varying blackjack strategies out there that will claim to earn players a win every time. In our experience, a successful blackjack strategy is simple and continually evolving.
Many professional blackjack players swear by these basic strategy charts, no matter the games:
- Blackjack Surrender Strategy – in the surrender strategy, players will give up half of the bet after assessing their hand based on the odds of winning.
- Pair Splitting Tactic – in the pair splitting trick, you can split on two cards of the same value and pay your bet again.
- Doubling Down Plan – doubling down is always allowed in blackjack, but it will cost you. Players can choose to get another card, but they have to multiply their initial bet.
- Hit & Stand Strategy – this strategy depends on the number of decks in use and the rules of the game. Choosing to make either move requires confidence in the face-up dealer’s card and the possible value of your next hand.
- Insurance & Even Money Trick – insurance is an optional side bet that players can take. Conversely, even money is a side bet players can take that will pay them back their bet. However, you should never insure a “good” or “bad” hand, or take even money.
Finding Any Blackjack House Edge
In Blackjack, the basic house edge starts at 0.5%, give or take. Of course, this can go up or down based on a player’s skill. Moreover, this is dependant on the variant being played, how many decks are used, and whether the dealer hits or stands on 17.
Further impacts on the casino’s edge include how many times a hand can be split if there’s a surrender rule, and how much the table pays.
To find any house advantage, we recommend using a blackjack calculator online. There are many of these handy programs available on the web.
In fact, we’ve found a few apps that do the same thing if you’re gambling at a land-based casino. We’ve got some handy blackjack tips to help you win consistently as well.
How Do You Play Blackjack 21?
By playing this game of chance, you heavily rely on luck to be on your side. However, a strategy goes a long way in helping your chances of winning increase.
We’ve collected easy to follow steps to teach players the simplest way to learning how to play blackjack for real money.
- Firstly, you must choose a variant you are comfortable with.
- Select your bet value from the casino chips tab on the game and place them on the table.
- Draw cards once the bet is made. Two of the players’ cards will be face-up, and only one card generated for the dealer will be face up. The other card will be face down.
- Depending on the hand that the player has, they have the option of drawing an additional card by pressing the hit button. Alternatively, there is the stay button that effectively means you keep your hand.
- Once the dealer’s cards are face up and they have an ace, you can choose the insurance play. This condition allows players to be paid out before the dealer has blackjack or 21.
- You compare your hand with the dealer’s to see which player is closest to 21.
How do you know when to hit or stand?
According to blackjack online rules, there are a few different hand values to determine when you should hit or stand when one of your cards is greater than the below totals.
So, the best times to hit would be:
- When your hand totals eight or 12 to 16 and the dealer has seven to ten or Ace.
- If your hand total is 11, and the dealer has an ace, hit but don’t double down.
- If you have a hand total of ten, and the dealer has a seven, eight, or nine.
- Only hit if the dealer has a ten, and you have a ten, but don’t duplicate.
Conversely, the best times to stand would be:
- Always stand if your hand totals 17.
- When your hand is over 13 and the dealer has a face-up card of six or less.
- If you have a pair of tens or face cards, don’t spilt the hand, just stand.
Top 10 Blackjack Games Online
Everything’s subjective, except for house advantages, that’s why we’ve ranked our top 10 blackjack games according to what they offer in payouts:
Other Types of Blackjack Online Games
American players have tons of online blackjack variants that they can choose from. Each option of the blackjack game has its own rules, and blackjack pros approach the game differently. Let’s take a look at the different types of blackjack games available at the best casino sites other than American blackjack:
Free Mobile Blackjack Games
Play blackjack online free or for real money at our recommended casinos. However, the best online blackjack games are played for real cash. Top software providers create titles of the classic table game to be played on the desktop as well as mobile devices. Additionally, players can find free online blackjack no download that’s playable on most browsers on both PC, Mac, or mobile device.
The graphics of the virtual games are optimized to fit small screens without diminishing the quality. Using HTML5 technology, players can experience the same audio-visual gaming interactivity playing online blackjack real money on mobile devices.