Online blackjack is one of the most popular casino table games in America and its or a good reason. As a fan favourite, most of the top US online casino sites enlists blackjack online variants in their games collection. US gamblers can play confidently knowing that playing online blackjack real money on the internet is legal in the USA. Playing blackjack online increases a player’s chances of winning, with a reasonably low house edge.
The aim of this game is to get to the value of 21 in a hand without going over the number. This is why the casino game is also referred to as 21. However, playing this game at a brick and mortar casino can feel a bit intimidating, especially to those new to playing blackjack. But with blackjack online, you don’t have to worry about the rest of the players at the table with you. Moreover, you don’t have to wait until there’s a free spot at the table.
With free online blackjack games, you can take your own time. Alternatively, you can play blackjack online for fun to practice before you play for real money.
Learn more about the blackjack card game, how to play blackjack the right way and all the blackjack online variants of the game.
US Online Blackjack Real Money Casinos
Find our recommended best online blackjack gambling sites to play for fun and for real money for US players:
What you’ll find on this page:
- Types of Blackjack Online Games
- How to Play Blackjack Online
- Blackjack Online Game Terminology
- Free Online Blackjack Games
American players have tons of online blackjack variants that they can choose from. Each variant of the blackjack game has its own rules and blackjack pros approach the game differently. Let’s take a look at the different types of blackjack games available at the best US casino sites other than American Blackjack:
Blackjack Surrender Online
Played similarly to the classic blackjack table game, the only significant difference being the ability to forfeit a round after being dealt the first two cards.
Caribbean 21 Blackjack
This version of blackjack places significance on the ace card, choosing to deem its value as a ‘hard’ as opposed to 1 to 11.
Atlantic City Blackjack
Atlantic City Blackjack is originally from the United States, this variant of blackjack lets gamblers split their card hands up to three times.
As the name would suggest, the game traces its origins in Europe and is, therefore, a little different. Generally, European Blackjack is played using two decks of cards and doubling down is not allowed.
In this blackjack variant, players have the option of switching their top cards after the first four cards have been dealt.
Blackjack Double Exposure
In this variant, the dealer’s cards are dealt face up, ‘exposed’ from the first round of the game.
Live Blackjack Online
While this may not be a variant on its own, it features a cluster of Live Blackjack games played against a live dealer online. Players that prefer playing a blackjack online game against a real dealer instead of a random number generator have to make sure that the casino has this functionality before they sign up.
By playing this game of chance, you heavily rely on luck to be on your side. However, strategy goes a long way in ensuring that a player’s chances of winning increase. We’ve collected easy to follow steps to teach players the simplest way to learning how to play blackjack for real money.
- Firstly, US players must choose a variant they are comfortable with.
- There is a casino chips tab that lets players set the betting denomination as well as add chips to the blackjack table.
- Draw cards once the bet is made. Two of the players’ cards will be face up, and only one card generated for the dealer will be face up. The other card will be face down.
- Depending on the hand that the player has, they have the option of drawing an additional card by pressing the hit button. Alternatively, there is the stay button that effectively means you keep your hand.
- Once the dealer’s cards are face up and they have an ace, you can choose the insurance play. This condition allows players to be paid out before the dealer has blackjack or 21.
- You compare your cards with the dealers to see which player is closest to 21.
New players to the online casino gaming environment would be lost if they were expected to play blackjack online for money to follow the game having never played it before. We’ve compiled a blackjack glossary of some of the most frequently used terms in the game below:
- Bust: Used to refer to the total of a player’s hand is over 21.
- Hit: Draw an extra card.
- Double Down: The option of drawing more cards and doubling the bet.
- Split: The act of splitting two cards of a single hand and forming two separate hands.
- Stand: When it’s a player’s turn to play and they choose not to draw an additional card.
Play blackjack online free or for real money at our recommended casinos. However, the best online blackjack US games are played for real cash. Top software providers create titles of the classic table game to be played on the desktop as well as mobile devices. Additionally, US players can find free online blackjack no download that’s playable on most browsers on both PC, Mac, or mobile device. The graphics of the blackjack online games are optimized to fit small screens without diminishing the quality. Using HTML5 technology, players can experience the same audio-visual gaming interactivity playing online blackjack real money on mobile devices.