American Blackjack Games – Payouts, Strategy & Rules
American Blackjack is a popular variant of the classic game to reach 21 before the dealer has blackjack (10 and ace). But finding pure games is where things get complicated at online casinos.
That’s why we created this guide to American online blackjack and how it works. We’ve listed the premium casinos, basic rules, and everything you need to know below.
Top Casinos with American Blackjack
- 500% Up To$2500 Sign-up BonusT&Cs Apply
- 250% Up To$2500 Sign-up BonusT&Cs Apply
- 300%Match Sign-up BonusT&Cs Apply
- 250% Up To$2500 Sign-up BonusT&Cs Apply
- 300% Up To$6000 & 25 free spins
- 100% Up To$5500 Sign-up BonusT&Cs Apply
- 250% Up To$2500 Sign-up Bonus
- 400% Up To$5000 Sign-up BonusT&Cs Apply
- 300%Match Sign-up Bonus
- 100% Up To$4000+120 free spinsT&Cs Apply
How to Play American Blackjack
The blackjack point is to beat the dealer by getting a score as close to 21 as possible without going bust. Each card in the deck has a set value, while the Ace can either be a one or an 11. Depending on what works for you.
The numerical cards count as much as their number. However, face cards – i.e., Q; K; J, count as 10 points. A basic game of American blackjack goes like this:
- Each player receives two face-up cards, and face-down cards are dealt with the dealer.
- The dealer checks their cards but doesn’t show them to the players unless it’s a blackjack (an Ace and a 10-point face card).
- Players then place their bets depending on the cards they have.
- They can then choose those to stand (keep their cards) or hit (get another card from the dealer). Players can ask to hit as much as they like.
- Once the player rests his hand, the dealer will begin dealing if they have 17 points.
- The winner is determined if their first two cards don’t exceed 21. Alternatively, if the player’s hand totals less than 21 points but is still more than the dealer’s hand, they win.
- Furthermore, if the dealer goes bust (gets over 21) while the player remains under 21, the player wins.
- If there’s a tie – a push – no one wins.
American Blackjack Rules
As mentioned, a wide range of blackjack games falls under the ‘American blackjack’ category. But American Blackjack players will find that these games have the same fundamental American blackjack rules.
Here are the main rules:
- Games use six to eight decks of cards.
- If the dealer’s up-card is an Ace or a ten, they can peak at their hole card (the face-down card).
- Dealers must always stand on a soft 17.
- The payout can either be the standard 3:2 or 6:5.
- Players splitting Aces means they can’t get blackjack.
- Players can double down on any hand in total.
- After splitting, doubling down is allowed.
- Splitting is allowed up to three times.
- You can only split Aces once.
- Late surrender is allowed.
Basic American Blackjack Strategy
These are some basic strategies players can use when playing American Blackjack, like these:
- If the dealer has a hand between 2 and 10, and your hand is between 4 and 8, we suggest you hit.
- When your hand scores nine and the dealer’s hand is lower than yours – around 2 – up your bet.
- If you’ve got a score around 12 and 16 and the dealer is low, stand as the dealer is more likely to go bust.
- A score between 17 and 21 means you can stand – the chances of going bust are higher in this situation.
For more tips and strategies, visit our online casino games guide. If you need a little more detail on other games, here are some more Blackjack guides for players:
Since blackjack is one of the most popular casino table games, and its or a good reason, as a fan favorite, most of the top online casino sites enlist blackjack variants in their games collection.
So, you can play confidently, knowing that playing blackjack for money on the internet is legal. Playing blackjack online increases players’ chances of winning, with the house edge reasonably low for the 21 card game. Learn more about the blackjack card game, play blackjack the right way, and all the game variants.
Blackjack Online Game Terminology
New players to the online casino gaming environment would be lost if they were expected to follow the blackjack game and have never played it before. We compiled a blackjack glossary of some of the most frequently used terms in the game below:
- Bust: Used to refer to the total of a player’s hand is over 21.
- Hit: Draw an extra card.
- Double Down: The option of drawing more cards and doubling the bet.
- Split: The act of splitting two cards of a single hand and forming two separate hands.
- Stand: When players turn to play, they choose not to draw an additional card.
American Blackjack Real Money Games
The best American blackjack games are played for real cash. Top software providers create titles of the classic table game to be played on desktop and mobile devices. You can find the best blackjack online for money to play on their Android, iPhone or iPad, Windows Phones, and Blackberry smartphones.
Moreover, the graphics of the online casino blackjack games are optimized to fit small screens without diminishing the quality. By using HTML5 technology, players can experience audio-visual gaming interactivity playing real money blackjack on mobile devices.
More about Blackjack
Check out our comprehensive Blackjack guides below: