The eSports and eSports betting industries have experienced some exponential growth over the past few years in America. It adds an even more competitive atmosphere to watching professional video gamers battle it out on screen. We cannot believe that this used to be an informal method of betting which was mainly done amongst friends and co-workers. eSports wagering is growing into an industry that is raking in lots of money. It’s only natural that people will be unsure about the mechanics of eSports wagering. If you have never heard of eSports before we guarantee that you will know about it very soon. The eSports market us currently worth billions.
Read on to find out more about eSports betting, the most popular eSports on a bookies list, and some tips to help you get better at eSports betting. We will also tell you about the popular games that you will find in eSports. At the end of this article you know everything there is to know about betting on eSports .Read on to find out more about eSports, betting, the most popular eSports on a bookies list, and some tips to help you get better at eSports betting.
Best American Real Money eSports Betting Sites
|CASINO NAME||WELCOME BONUS||PAYOUT||PLAY CASINO|
100% Up To$4500 Bonus
100% Up To$5000 Bonus
100% Up To$6000 & 200 free spins
100% Up To$4,000 & 150 free spins
100% Up To$2,000 & 120 free spins
100% Up To$4,000 & 120 free spins
100% Up To100% MatchBonus
100% Up To$777 Bonus
eSports Betting Explained
To understand what eSports betting is, we firstly have to know what eSports is. This term refers to electronic sports i.e. video games. eSporting tournaments draw in millions of viewers every year and even more punters.
With many multi-player video games on the market being skills-based, it’s little wonder that a highly competitive industry emerged from it. Just as with traditional sports, there are leagues and international tournaments, and fans can watch live events online through YouTube or Twitch. eSports betting is a great way for fans and viewers to feel like they’re part of the action.
Popular eSports Betting Games
Currently, the industry is worth nearly $13 billion. The most popular video game genres at eSports tournaments are:
- Real-time strategy (RTS)
- First-person shooter (FPS)
- Multi-player online battle arena (MOBA)
Let’s take a look at the most popular eSports games.
- League of Legends (LOL): this MOBA game is the most popular eSports betting game around. In 2014, the LOL World Championship became the most viewed eSports event in history.
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS: GO): launched in 2012, this multi-player FPS is the follow up to Counter-Strike, first launched in 1999. There have been 615 CS: GO tournaments over the past three years and awarded a total of $4 million to winners.
- Dota 2: this title is the most lucrative video game in the eSports industry. All of the top ten highest earning eSports players are Dota 2 gamers. Furthermore, the biggest prize to be won at an eSports tournament was during a Dota 2 tournament – a whopping $10 million.
How to Bet on eSports in the US
It works a lot like betting on traditional sports.
- Find a bookie online accepting wagers on your favourite eSports.
- Select the competition you want to wager on and place the bet.
- You can bet on who scores first, what the overall score will be, and overall winnings among other things.
- Watch and enjoy the tournament to see if your bet was correct.
Read our sports betting guides for more on betting on your favourite sports.
eSports Betting Tips
Below are some basic tips that will help you make better choices when betting on eSports.
- Do your research before placing a bet: an informed bet is the best kind of bet. Learn as much as you can about the teams you’re betting on before placing the bet.
- Don’t bet with money you don’t have: if losing the money you’re wagering with will put you in debt or a bad financial situation, don’t do it.
- Use a safe eSports betting site: signing up to a rogue site will spell disaster for you. They will not only steal your financial information, they may also not pay out your winnings.