Football betting is probably one of the most popular sports betting past times in America. It becomes evident when playoff season is upon us and Monday Night Football grips the whole nation. With American football fans representing their colors at the stadiums, we’ve created a guide for gamblers to profit from the sport they truly love.
Our online football betting guide gives insight into how to place a bet online along with the best place to bet on the NFL and find the best college betting lines online. Find a list of reliable sports betting sites in the USA and make money by simply wagering and watching football. Our football betting experts have also compiled a list of the best football betting tips. These will help you with becoming an excellent bettor and win your wagers.
Best Football Betting Sites 2019
We’ve rounded up some of the best gambling sites that also function as football betting sites. You will great markets on games whether it’s college football or the NFL.
How to Bet on Football USA
For all the novice gamblers that want to know how does online betting work, we’ve got you covered on how to place the best football bets. Firstly, players need to ensure that they are playing at a legal online sports betting site. This is very important because sports betting is a highly regulated industry in America. There’re only a select few online sports betting agents that accept US players. While the states that are permitted by law to offer sports betting products offline include Las Vegas, Montana, Lake Tahoe, and Delaware.
Once you have chosen your trusted football betting site, there will be options to select the teams that are playing along with the odds for the football bet. In America, the most popular football betting lines are for the US National Football League (NFL) betting and US college football betting respectively. Now that you have an idea of the betting option available to you, let’s delve into the football betting types.
- Over-Under Line – Here bettors predict the total score of the game. It’s about guessing whether it will be over or under a certain number.
- Points Spread – Sportsbooks entice punters with the bet of a team winning by more or less a specified point difference. It is a risky bet but pays out handsomely.
- The Straight Bet – This line is about predicting the outright winner of the match. Which means that you wager on the team you hope to win.
- The Moneyline – Similar to the straight bet, it uses the negative or a positive sign to prop up the odds and show which teams are pegged as favorites in the tie. The team with a negative number is the favorite to win. While the positive number indicates the underdog. This line could be compared to a handicap betting football type.
- Live Bets – Over the years, there’s been an influx of live betting sites that allow bettors to wager on live events during the match and cash out before the match has ended. Another name for this type of betting is in play.
More guides on US sports betting
Tips & Strategy
In the US, football is quite an emotive sport, with celebrations of wins known to reverberate across an entire state. With that being said, we’ve noted a trend among winners in online sports bets. Below is a list of some football betting tips that we recommend to US punters:
- The teams with the highest probability of winning usually don’t pay out a lot. Therefore, it makes things more interesting by not simply choosing a straight bet based on the strongest popular team.
- Research the stats of each team before you bet in real money.
- Always reflect on the betting odds when making a football bet.
- Players should understand since this is gambling, therefore anything can happen. That is, the team that is not pegged to win might surprise you.
Football Betting Overview
US players should bear in mind sports betting is not permitted in every state in America. Knowing where you can bet on sports online is key. That is why we recommend some of the best online football betting sites for USA players to wager on. You probably know all about the sport, so why not profit from it. American football is tons of fun and so is betting on it. Head over to any of our online betting USA legal websites and see for yourself.