As with anything that is based on luck, there are plenty of gambling superstitions that surround popular casino games in the United States. Throughout the years, the superstitions below (despite some seeming very odd) have come to dominate the gambling world. From never saying seven to having your own mojo bag, what more can you do? Some gambling superstitions are focused on particular casino games whereas others are somewhat more general in nature. If you’ve had enough bad luck in gambling, you can improve your luck while playing popular casino games.
Gambling and superstitions sometimes work hand-in-hand. USA gamblers take a chance with their cash in hope to get lucky and win big. You may have erred on the wrong side of some famous gambling superstition and didn’t even know it. Maybe you’re asking yourself, why am I so unlucky in gambling? Then, here’s your chance to get lucky with gambling superstitions. Regular American players might be familiar with some of the good luck charms for gambling. Some of our superstitions might make you laugh. Read on down below about common good luck charms.
Luckiest Casinos in the USA
You don’t need any lucky charms to win real money at any of these great US casino sites!
Popular and Funny Gambling Superstitions
The superstitions outlined below have become extremely famous throughout casinos across the world. Some odd, some familiar; they’re all said to have an effect on a player’s luck.
- Leave Your Dog at Home – some gamblers believe that it is bad luck to have your cute doggo around while placing a bet. Why exactly some gamblers believe this is unknown, but better safe than sorry, right?
- Never Say Seven – avid craps players never say seven out loud. The reason for this is that they believe that they may jinx themselves from seeing the number come up.
- Mojo Bag – this superstition is homegrown having originated in 19th century New Orleans. Basically, a mojo bag is a flannel sack filled with lucky objects and herbs. If your mojo bag is filled with the right combination, you’ll never lose!
- Lucky Hunchback – this is another weird gambling superstition with no known origin. For some reason, you should count your lucky stars when if you see a hunchback before gambling as you may be about to go on a winning streak.
- Virgins – now before we get off on the wrong track, the superstition is craps-related, and the term “virgin” refers to somebody who has never played craps. Basically, it is good luck to play with a woman who has never played craps before but bad luck to play craps with a man who has never played craps before.
- Same Dice – players who believe in the superstition feel that they must play dice games with the same pair of dice in order to ensure that your luck keeps going. This superstition is more applicable to land-based casinos where it is possible for a pair of dice to fly off a table.
- Casino Main Entrance – some gamblers believe that using the main entrance of a casino is intrinsically unlucky. Thus, they will avoid it at all costs.
Casino Superstition Conclusion
There are so many different gambling superstitions throughout the casino industry. While many players may not really believe in luck, if you feel a specific charm or using the same pair of dice may help your chances, why not follow through with it? You never know, the RNG system may just favor you that day! Increase your chances of winning with one of great guides!
More tips & tricks for Americans: